We're so excited to have performer applications open for the first time in about 2 years. Many artists have taken advantage of the covid restrictions by focusing on their creativity and fine tuning their craft. Now, once again the Vermont Burlesque Festival has a stage and a spotlight for those creatives to show off on.
If you don't already know, a huge percentage of the Vermont Burlesque Festival's performer line-up comes from artists who apply to perform. In return, the festival not only provides a stage and an audience for those who seek the spotlight, and a huge camaraderie of earthlings who really dig this kinda of thing, but a bundle of perks & packages for performers to enjoy while they're in Vermont or to return home with.
• Professional a HD video copy of their performance(s). • Professional digital photos of their performance(s).
• Opportunity to create a professional headshots.
• A gift bag full of goodies including an official festival gift (usually a fancy festival scarf). • Free Entry into EVERY FESTIVAL SHOWCASE.
• Free transportation ( the tassel taxi) to major venues (not walk-able).
• Discounted Hotel Lodging at the festival's host hotel.
• A staff/performer hospitality suite/lounge to socialize or rest in.
• Backstage Finger Foods & Bottled Water at festival venues and hospitality suite/lounge.
And it's not only burlesque performers the festival is looking for, in-fact all forms of performance art are welcomed.
• Balloon Twisters
• Hula Hoop Artists
• Group Acts
• Speed Artists
• Hypnosis Artists
The Vermont Burlesque Festival typically reviews between 120 and 200 performances each year for consideration to perform at one of the 6 festival venues. Applications are reviewed by the festival staff with announcements as to what acts have been accepted by mid September of each year. There is a $40 per person non-refundable application fee associated with the application.
For those who are interested in learning more or applying to perform at the Vermont Burlesque Festival visit www.VTBurlesqueFest.com and click on "performer application"
or APPLY HERE